The Women’s Serie A Championship has been definitively suspended, but the Black&greens will continue to train during individual and optional sessions at San Prospero sports center in Reggio Emilia.
Find below the statement of FIGC:
The federal president has advised the councilors regarding the indications emerged by the clubs and soccer players on the resumption of the Serie A championship. The declared impossibility to resume the activity was noted, as was also emerged in the Assembly between the division’s teams, and so, the Council has decided to call off the 2019/2020 season.
In order to define the final ranking, the Division must apply the same criteria valid for men’s professional championships.
FREEZING OF THE RANKING WITH THE APPLICATION OF CORRECTION COEFFICIENTS IN ACCORDANCE WITH ART. 6 OF FIGC OC NO. 196/A OF 20 MAY 2020
- each club taking part in the Championship or group (in the case of a Championship divided into several groups) will be given a final score determined by the sum of the following three addenda: (i) total points accumulated in the league standings up to the time of permanent suspension (PT); (ii) points resulting from the multiplication of the average number of points achieved during home games up to the time of permanent suspension (MPc) by the number of matches remaining to be played at home according to the regular calendar (NPc); (iii) points resulting from the multiplication of the average number of points achieved during away games up to the time of permanent suspension (MPt) by the number of matches remaining to be played away according to the regular calendar (NPt);
- the projection of the score that determines the final ranking is therefore identified by the formula: CLUB FINAL SCORE = PT + (MPc x NPc) + (MPt x NPt)
- in the event that, once the positions in the standings have been assigned using the scores as determined above, there should be situations of equal scores between two or more teams, the final position of the teams will be determined by compiling a ranking (“avulse ranking”) between the teams concerned, taking into account:
- (a) the points obtained during direct games (only if all the teams involved have played both);
- (b) if they have the same number of points, the difference between the goals scored and those conceded during such games (only if all the teams involved played both);
- (c) the difference between goals scored and conceded during direct games between the teams concerned (only if all the teams involved played both);
- (d) the difference between the average goals scored per game and the average goals conceded per game for the games played until the final suspension of the Championship or group;
- (e) the highest average number of goals scored per game for the games played until the final suspension of the Championship or group;
- (f) the lowest average number of goals conceded per game for the games played until the final suspension of the Championship or group;
- (g) the draw.